Backpacking tents strive to be as lightweight as possible while providing maximum living space to the camper.
Freestanding dome-shape tents do the trick here, because they have fewer poles, and support larger interiors.
An ideal backpacking tent is also a snap to erect, so as to maximize its portability and convenience of use.
This Big Agnes Seedhouse SL 2, aimed at backpackers, is made from lighter materials, and is well ventilated, yet waterproofed to serve efficiently as a three-season tent.
This Tent is currently on sale on Backcountry through this link only!
Benefits of the Big Agnes Seedhouse SL 2:
Extremely Light in Weight
The Big Agnes Seedhouse SL 2 tent weighs merely 2 pounds and 14 ounces, if you are carrying the tent body, poles and fly on your trail, with the original weight being just as low, measuring only 3 pounds and 6 ounces when packed; truly, it can’t get any lighter.
Big Agnes Seedhouse SL 2 is made from light nylon fabric and features Aluminium DAC Featherlite poles to achieve this feat.
Fast, Effortless Erection
You can erect the Big Agnes Seedhouse 2 freestanding tent single-handedly in minutes, without having to exert much. Just attach all the poles to a single hub to build the frame ready. Now clip up the tent body with the frame and you’re done.
Full Mesh Body: Cool Days, Starry Nights
The Big Agnes Seedhouse SL 2 tent features full-mesh body composed of 20D Nylon fabric which keeps it excellently ventilated. The air in the tent remains fresh and odor-free, with the temperature remaining moderately pleasant all the time. You can enjoy starry summer nights lying, well-protected from mosquitoes and bugs, in your tent.
Ample Weather Resistance & Stability
The freestanding design and flexible, yet strong enough aluminium poles provide the Big Agnes Seedhouse SL 2 tent with great stability and a high level of endurance against strong gusts. Moreover, the 1200mm polyurethane coated nylon ripstop fly efficiently keeps the elements of bad weather out of the tent.
Check Out This Review For More Info
Pros and Cons of The Big Agnes Seedhouse SL 2:
- The Big Agnes Seedhouse SL 2 tent is super-light measuring below 4lbs. altogether.
- Freestanding, with super-fast, one-man setup, thanks to the simplistic hub-pole system.
- Full-mesh body offers excellent ventilation from all sides.
- Full rain fly covers the whole tent in bad weather.
- 8 square feet of vestibule area to place backpacks, boots and other equipment.
- Mesh gear pocket can hold cell-phones, IPods, flashlights and similar objects.
- If you want to buy this Tent, you can get it on sale on Backcountry through this link here.
- It’s a bit cumbersome to zip/ unzip the rain fly, especially when there is a storm raging.
- The stake tops are dangerously sharp, and should be covered with rubber-stops to avoid injuries.
- Sleeps: 2
- Seasons: 3
- Freestanding: Yes
- Waterproof: Yes
- Poles: 3, DAC Featherlite
- Base Area: 84 x 52 inches
- Package Weight: 3 lbs. 6 oz.
- Recommended For: Backpacking, Camping
- Warranty: Lifetime
Let me show you what current owners have to say
James states that he absolutely loves his Big Agnes Seedhouse SL 2 tent. He says that if you are looking to go light this is the tent for you. As to withstanding wind, James says that you can guy down the tent very tightly and in high wind scenarios the tent might just rustle slightly.
He also says that the one man set up is an absolute breeze, no more than 10 minutes once you get the hang of it. Overall he is very satisfied with the tent and gives the Big Agnes Seedhouse SL 2 a full 5 stars.
Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 is best for those who want a lightweight, easily-erectable and excellently ventilated tent; Big Agnes Seedhouse SL 2 is truly a backpacker’s haven in every way.
Incoming search terms:
- big agnes seedhouse sl2
- big agnes seedhouse si2 for sale
- big agnes seedhouse sl 2 sale
- big agnes seedhouse sl 2 used for sale
- big agnes seedhouse sl3 tent for sale
- body composed of 20D Nylon fabric which keeps
- used big agnes seedhouse sl 2
- where is the best place to get big tents from